Saturday, February 4, 2012

On Our Way Again...

Mark and I are waiting in Charlotte for our flight to Munich and then Kiev. This is our second trip to Ukraine this go-round, third trip including last year. We'll arrive tomorrow, drive out to Kovel on Monday and visit the kids, go to court on Tuesday, drive back to Kiev Tuesday evening and fly home early Wednesday. Andrew is staying with family and friends while we're away and he's excited about his own adventure. 

You'd be surprised at how long it took me to pack. Our biggest suitcase is loaded with clothing for the kids to try on. I have jeans in three sizes for Nadia  and other outfits for both of them. The clothes can stay at our facilitator's apartment until we come back at the end of Feb. to get the kids. I spent too long on that yesterday. Last night I was stressed out about all the changes in my life and feeling unprepared about going back so soon so I couldn't sleep. I tossed and turned so much the dog jumped off the bed and slept somewhere else.

Mark helped me cheer up this morning with delicious Lagnapes donuts for breakfast and the sugar rush  helped me rush around getting my own things stuffed hurriedly in my bag.

As we left the house, I was still remembering  important things that I'd forgotten to take care of like arranging for a cat sitter, bringing chargers, and some cash. We took a minute to stop at CVS and pick up a little heart shaped box of Valentine candy for each of the kids and got on the plane without any other delays.

I've got my sleeping pill ready to go and hope to arrive in Munich fresh as a daisy, ready for the next adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment