Monday, January 16, 2012

Back in Kiev!

After our 17 hour journey,It was nice to be greeted by Svetta and Leo at the airport. We're back in Kiev in our original first day apartment over the Irish pub. It's snowing and cold outside but since it's fresh snow, everything looks lovely.it's supposed to be very cold and snowy every day for the duration of our trip.

We are going to take a short nap before heading out to our favorite pizza place and then go early to bed. Hopefully we'll adjust quickly to the time change.

Andrew was excited to see some of his favorite foods in the grocery store. We let him pick out a couple things he especially likes such as balogna and a chocolate cake roll. It's interesting to hear him speaking here, he's mixing up English with Russian/Ukrainian. He prefers speaking English. He's been a good boy on the trip and likes to carry my bags- at least until they get heavy after a minute or two of good intentions.

I'm feeling a little stressed about being back here. I noticed my hands were clenched in the van. As my thought started spiraling down a little, I found a kopek from heaven in the bathroom.

That cheered me up.

I'll update more later when I'm not so sleepy!

No comments:

Post a Comment